About Children & Youth Ministry
Our Children and Youth Ministry (CYM) offers a thriving program for all young people from infancy through senior high and more!
The CYM program is a cooperative effort; we utilize a team approach, with one adult from each family volunteering in some capacity in CYM. We urge families to become informed about UUSE philosophy, themes, and activities by attending services, participating in parent meetings, engaging in discussions with the Director of Children and Youth Ministry, Minister, CYM committee members, classroom volunteers, and other families. The CYM Committee also sponsors many multi-generational events, including winter holiday celebrations, Trunk-or-Treat, game nights, movie nights and more.
UU Principles, Children’s Version:
• Every person is important.
• Be kind in all you do.
• We’re free to learn together.
• We can search for what is true.
• All people need a voice.
• Build a fair and peaceful world.
• We care for the earth.
Sources We Draw From:
The living tradition we share draws from many sources, including:
• Direct experience of mystery and wonder;
• Words and deeds of prophetic women and men;
• Wisdom from the world’s religions;
• Jewish and Christian teachings;
• Humanist teachings using reason and science;
• Spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions.
• Continue to make community and connection the primary focus of our ministry, in order to build a strong support system for our children, youth, and families.
• Foster UU identity formation by providing opportunities for children and adults of all ages to engage in fun and meaningful activities together.
• Strengthen our commitment to dismantling systemic racism by selecting curricula, books, music, and movies with an anti-racist lens.
• Build a community that cultivates pre-emptive radical inclusivity.